The First Network Group family wishes you a wonderful and safe holiday weekend. With respect to all our active military and all those veterans who have came before – thank you for all you do and have done.
This is a maintenance with bug fixes only. Only DHCPatriot systems experiencing the bugs repaired in this release will receive this software. All of the fixes from this release will of course be in version 5.3.0.
- Added hardware support for the 2013-1 model of DHCPatriot system.
- Gave space on startup to launching programs so that they don`t all launch simultaneously. This should help with some freeze-up on startup problems.
- Added diagnostic software that will allow us to access hardware information in the field.
DHCPatriot update 5.2.0 has been released. Patch notes for this release.
- It is now possible to add fully qualified domain names to the DHCPatriot
- Force lower case usernames now works from the admin form. Previously it only worked from the customer facing authentication page.
- ISC DHCP version 4.2.4-P1 is now the core dhcp server. This release contains bug fixes as well as some refinements.
- Sticky IP notes are now possible. Notes can be included with a sticky IP assignment so that it can be remembered why it was done.
- Exclude IP notes are now possible. Notes can be included with an excluded IP so that it can be remembered why it was done.
DHCPatriot update 5.1.2 has been released. Patch notes for this release.
- Added firewall rules to place a limit on the number of connections that can be opened by a single client machine to the web authentication page. The limit is 20 hits in 10 seconds. It works like this: once a client opens his 20th connection in 10 seconds, he cannot open anymore. If he continues to try during the time that he cannot open more connections, this counts as well. The client machine will need to wait and not open any more connetions until 10 seconds has passed. It is unlikely that clients with a virus infection opening large amounts of web page ports will be able to get to the authentication page.
- Changed MaxRequestsPerChild to 1024 from 0 in the web server. This will allow running servers to exit after serving a certain number of pages as per manufacturer recommendation.
- Removed text wrapping from all textareas to prevent inconsistancies with visual wrap versus storage of actual data.
First Network Group, Inc. is pleased to announce the recent growth of its Product Development department to better align itself with new client opportunities. Michael “Wulf” Wulfhorst joined the Product Development department July 1 as a Product Specialist where he is assisting with the operation, testing and diagnostics of our popular DHCPatriot, platform as well as other Product Development solutions.
“It is our great pleasure to add Wulf to our Product Development department. This addition increases the depth and breadth of Product Development, expanding the resources available to customers of the increasingly popular DHCPatriot DHCP management platform,” remarked Steve Walter, President and CEO, First Network Group, Inc. “The demand for the DHCPatriot in Fiber To The Home (FTTH) deployment, combined with the Patriot’s popularity with ISPs, required us to expand to meet growing customer needs.” Continue reading
In 2011 our Tech Support & Call Center services spent 225,765 minutes on the phone helping customers to enjoy their internet service and helping with 611, TV and cell phone issues. That’s over 5 months of non-stopping talking!
Version 5.1.0 of the software, freely available to all equipment covered under our maintenance and health plan, features a great number of new features, requested additions and paves the way further for support for IPV6 technology.
To review the features of this release please review our primer document for this update located at here.
We will be contacting DHCPatriot owners over the coming days to arrange a time to install version 5.1.0 on your DHCPatriot system.
These scenarios encompass Optical Network Termination (ONT), Multiscreen TV delivery, Edge Caching and Video Quality monitoring utilizing equipment and technology from industry leaders such as Microsoft, Verivue, Ineoquest, and Sandvine.
This version includes support for IPv6 as well as DHCPv6! We have created a primer document that will describe the coming features related to IPv6 and DHCPv6. The document also includes full patch notes. Get the document here.
We are looking for beta testers. If you would like to beta test the DHCPatriot 5.1.0 software, please contact us.